My neighbour sends me a text, “I have a load of pallets here for you” .. turns out, there were 7 large ones + 3 crates. That night I have a restless sleep and wake up with a vision of the “High Chaparral” sign swinging in the wind under wooden beams, in the case obviously it was going to read “Pallet Life”!
By this point, what with all these pallet creations and planting projects going on, all of a sudden I was feeling incredibly tired! Fortunately I managed to get this cwtch built just in time for a very long nanna nap! 🙂
The neighbour’s daughter is mad for strawberries and is apparently putting away the punnets! Subsequently, a request came in for a strawberry planter. The first one, part of the delux 7 tier system was a bit rustic I thought, so used a nicer pallet for a better finish…
This was a small but important project as it has become a boundary between 2 properties a and visible by many others so I was keen to try to keep it looking presentable. The other consideration was wind so building in strength was important too.
I spent a good amount of time leveling the footings in preparation and laid down bricks where the pallets connect. That preparation really makes life easier when it comes to assembling. The result is a strong and sturdy fence that may even get a lick of paint one day to finish it off!
Out of the wreckage when clearing the brambles away from the southern end of the garden, I discovered several children’s playthings, one being this delightful little swing seat. It looked like it had far too much potential to throw away so decided to embark on a recovery mission which involved me learning several simple, but none-the-less, useful skills.
The finished article has now been delivered back to it’s source, the neighbour next door, where it is now receiving another sizable dose of tlc! Must be infectious this upcycling malarkey?!
Where would a man be without a shed!! More to the point, where would I be without a pallet shed??! At a loss, that’s where! So to rectify that calamity, I wrestled these together. On a flat surface, it took about 20 mins! Blending into the environment in our back garden and making the roof watertight took considerably longer…
Over breakfast one morning, Chrissie pointed to the scrub area beside us and suggested we should deck it with pallets. Little seeds of ideas grow into big projects.. not that big in this case, but it did take a fair amount of jiggery pokery to rework the stones, find the levels and ensure the hosepipe remained sunken and intact throughout the process.
My lovely mum passed away during this little project so we decided to build a bamboo arch to train the honeysuckle and dedicate it to her. She was an enthusiastic gardener, amongst many other things, and I know she’d take great satisfaction from seeing us have so much fun with plants, pots and pallets.